Diagnostics & Biotechnology
English: Business advanced
Business Development Manager- Diagnostic Company
Reporting to: Global Director Business Development
About company- Exciting medical genetic testing company that are based in the US and expending here in Japan. The BDM will be responsible for managing business results, sales activities, and cross-functional initiatives in their respective territory. He/She will be responsible for making the day-to-day decisions required to manage a productive territory, retain existing customer base of business while growing sales through new account acquisition
What you will do:
- Achievement of territory sales objectives
- Development and execution of a territory business plan that aligns with the regional and Global strategy
- Direct execution of sales strategies and tactics, and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
- Customer and prospect site visits within the regional territory while maintaining profitable sales to expense ratio.
- Manage individual territory activities, ensuring return on investment spends.
- Build successful relationships with KOLs
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships with target audiences; assist in developing business solutions that are mutually beneficial; apply broader business scenarios and customer-focused models to achieve breakthrough results.
- Maintain high-level of product and market knowledge.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that support all customer-facing roles within the assigned geographic region.
- Identify client-bill contracting opportunities with academic medical centers, large cancer centers, health systems, and other strategically important key accounts.
- Comply with local regulations involved with processing and handling of personal data
Education and Required Experience
- 4+ years of sales experience in a relevant industry/commercial environment (diagnostics, genetic testing, research products)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Deep domain knowledge of the Diagnostic Services and pharmaceutical industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with PMDA valued
- Experience selling diagnostic (somatic or germline) or reproductive health genetic based tests and services to geneticists, genetic counselors and clinicians.
- Experience within complex selling environments required.
- Ability to travel required (up to 60% of the time)