This Company is the one of the largest internet services company globally and provides more than 70 services spanning eCommerce, finance, telecommunication, sports and much more to approx. 1.4 billion customers worldwide. Following the strategic vision “This Company as a data-driven membership company”, we are expanding our data activities across our multiple group companies.
The Customer Program, one of our core sciences programs, builds models for customer understanding and applying them to customer targeting solutions. We are working on the following research topics in the Customer Program at our Tokyo office:
Credit Scoring: It is one of crucial research topics across Group (Mainly in our fintech businesses such as credit card, payment, securities and banking business). Research scientist applies machine learning, data mining and optimization techniques to solve challenging problems, build models and solutions regarding credit scoring related projects. Our solution includes scoring for both business clients and individual users.
Social Graph: This Company has already been applying various kinds of marketing measures based on customer profiling, target prospecting algorithms. Those models were built with individual customer behavior data. However, if we aware of social relationship between Company members, such as family, colleges, friends, it is possible to improve performance of the marketing measures. With this assumption, research scientists builds the social graph structure among This Company members and their relatives by collecting data from multiple services, and apply graph algorithms including graph neural networks to conduct marketing measures, such as family introduction campaign, based on the social graph.
Geo Science: With more than 70 different services in the Group globally, our data science teams cover diverse initiatives in both the online and offline worlds. Offline Geo data and Geo Science applications are key to the optimization and overall success in fields including Logistics, Site Planning, Area Marketing and improving Customer Experience. The Geo Science Team creates algorithms and builds new Geo Intelligence layers to better understand offline activity to support many Group services.
Marketing Optimization: Group is contacting to our customers with various kinds of communication channels such as showing banners on web pages, sending email, pushing notifications through apps to promote our products and services. To deliver right contents at the right time to the right customers, research scientist applies various kinds of machine learning algorithms such as reinforcement learning, deep learning to build models to marketing platforms.
We are looking for research scientists with a strong research background in user behavior, machine learning, and a strong desire to join our team.
Why We Hire
We are looking for talented research scientists with a strong research background in at least one of the related fields (user behavior, AI for marketing, AI for fintech, geo-spatial data or advanced algorithm development) and a strong motivation to join an exciting team that is constantly evolving and pushing the envelope on AI and its applications.
- Lead a responsible research field including several projects
- Lead scientific discussion with other research scientists to develop state-of-the-art algorithms and implement prototypes
- Define long-term direction of a responsible research field and projects while aligning with business, product and engineering team including executives
- Grow and maintain a mindset of defining target expectations for a project and validating if they were met/exceeded among a responsible research field members
- Acquire budget commitment from stake-holders for research and product development
- Support engineering teams and product teams to adapt prototypes in production
- Support research scientists in a responsible research field and involve long-term people development plan
- Involve goal setting and evaluation of each member in a responsible research field
- Contribute to the advancement of science via writing papers, attending conferences and submitting patent proposals
- Doctoral degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, econometrics or equivalent practical experience
- Strong publication record in area of machine learning, data mining and related research fields or have experience of productizing research outcomes in an industry
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of scientists in shorter-term success while guiding their longer-term direction
- Strong track record of maintaining science and engineering excellence in a team
- English fluency and ability to communicate effectively with researchers, engineers, and business people
- Strong programming experience in one or more of the following: Python, R, Scala, Java, C, C++
- Self-motivated and willingness to take challenges to new technologies, research problems and services
- Passion for contributing to businesses by applying innovative solutions to real world problems
- Development experience in Unix/Linux
- Experience in distributed computing such as Spark and Hadoop
English (Overall - 4 - Fluent)