¥ 13,000,000 Yearly ~ ¥ 17,000,000
Medical Information Sr. Associate - Sr. Manager/Assoc. Director
Leads Medical Information strategy and process (and relevant systems) implementation in alignment with Global and Japan Medical Affairs strategy and local regulations.
If applicable, leads and manages Japan Medical information team members.
Analyzes and summarizes available data in responding to unsolicited inquiries from healthcare professionals and patients about the company's assets. Serves as the asset expert for both internal and external customers. Conducts medical review to ensure medical accuracy, currency, and scientific balance of promotional and medical communications materials. Evaluates customer inquiry data to identify trends and knowledge gaps; strategically communicates actionable customer insights to cross-functional stakeholders to inform business planning.
Domestic and international travel may be required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with Global Medical Affairs to localize and translate standard response documents ensuring accuracy, currency, and scientific balance of all scientific and clinical information.
- Responds to medical information inquiries from healthcare professionals, consumers, and internal business partners verbally and/or in writing; prepares customized responses as needed and appropriately documents the interaction within the Global Medical Information database.
- Identifies, selects, and manages Japan-specific external vendors that will support medical information services (i.e. CRO, systems, etc)
- Implements and manages Japan Call Center and all related processes.
- Manages and trains the regional professional contact center as appropriate on new assets, study data, or labeling.
- Conducts medical review of branded and unbranded promotional and scientific materials to ensure accuracy, currency, scientific balance, and compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of the assigned therapeutic area and pertinent disease state(s).
- Evaluates customer inquiry data to identify trends and knowledge gaps; communicates actionable customer insights to cross-functional stakeholders to inform business planning.
- Attends medical conferences to provide complete, accurate, and timely medical information to healthcare professionals at the conference booth.
- Ensures compliance with Japan regulatory requirements as they affect Medical Information; responses must be accurate, up-to-date, balanced, and scientific.
- Co-leads/contributes to the creation and/or review of the Japan Risk Management Plan (i.e. Proper Use Guide section) with the Drug Safety department.
- Provides product scientific input to relevant projects, as applicable (i.e. Medical Affairs, Marketing projects, or initiatives, among others).
- Build out the Medical Information team
- Frequent communication with global colleagues
- New and exciting product pipeline
Experience & Skills:
- Scientific or Medical Degree (OCN, BS, MS, Pharm D, PhD) required
- Minimum 3-5 years of pharmaceutical industry-based Drug Information, Medical Writing, or Medical/Promotional review experience
- Prior experience in therapeutic area pipeline is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry laws, regulations, and guidelines regarding medical education and publications
- Strong leadership and organization skills with a solutions-orientated approach driving optimal business results in a complex matrix environment.
- Promotional review experience preferred
- Must be a strong team player and be willing to work in a high-paced environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing needs and competing demands
- Some travel required to represent the company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings
- Business English level required at minimum