＊This role requires native level Japanese and Business English＊
CONFIDENTIAL - BU Director @ Fortune 500 maker
We have just begun working on a search project to find the successor for a key BU Director position. We are working directly with the current incumbent, who is willing to meet with strong, qualified and interested candidates in a casual setting as a first step.
- Fortune 500 company with a focus on both medical devices
- The current business is performing strongly in their markets, and the company is experiencing stable growth.
- Exciting potential for the company in the future with strategic acquisitions growing the business significantly
- In Japan, the company has 600+ people, with HQ in Tokyo and has a stable, collaborative culture
- BU Head for one of the company's key businesses.
- Full P/L responsibility for a business currently worth approx $50M USD, covering sales / marketing / education
- Looking for a sharp and dynamic business leader to drive growth in existing and new market segments through the current and upcoming product line, including key new product launches in 2019
- Fully responsible for the strategic plan of the business, with an aim to maintain and increase growth
- This will report directly to Japan President, and have a high level of interaction with APAC and global
- B.A. /B.S. degree, preferably including formal studies in business or engineering.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of product management experience or sales experience required, preferably in medical device
- Experience in both Sales and Commercial Marketing is preferred.
- Ability to lead a team, influence others, and through strong organizational skills, generate results.
- Strong English and Fluent Japanese capabilities required
- Great company culture
- Solid career progression - this role might lead to the current President replacement in the future
- Great health and welfare benefits
- Very competitive compensation