The role – objective:
- Build your network within the companies leadership, through direct exposure to the JPN President, who reports to the Global CEO, and JPN leadership team
- Familiarize yourself with the companies Japan management style and core business imperatives, thus positioning her/him for a future high-impact assignment.
The responsibilities – contents:
- Strategy development: formulate analysis and proposals on behalf of the President and/or leadership team (e.g.: proposals outlining benefits of a commercialization strategy for the Global Pharma CEO, investments on M&A/partnering opportunities for the Board of Directors, etc)
- Internal consulting: structure problems, evaluate alternatives, and define solutions for high-impact business issues (i.e.: evaluation of “go-alone” vs. “go with partner” commercialization strategies, design of a transformation program for an underperforming franchise, etc)
- Commercial Digital Transformation: design strategies to upgrade the pharma traditional go-to-market with novel approaches, leveraging digital channels, customer centricity, content marketing, smart analytics, recommendation engines, and agile marketing practices; lead execution of pilots to proof that these strategies have positive market impact/ROI.
The role –future:
- After ~1-2 years in the role, and depending on the candidate’s interest and aptitude, high-impact assignments in the Local or Global (Headquarters) are in scope
- Consulting background with top tier consulting company
- High motivation to succeed in an international environment, as well as high interest in Pharmaceuticals
- Strategy consulting background (required), MBA from top global school (nice to have), and industry experience (nice to have)
- 3 to 7 years of professional experience; excellent structuring, analytical, and communication skills
- Fluent in English (TOEIC 800 or above) and business level Japanese (JLPT N2 or above)
- Solid communication skills and to be able to interact and negotiate with upper management
- Strong presentation skills