Small and fast growing medical technology company is seeking a Head of Operations for Japan. Role will report globally and manage Japan team.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and execute all Japan operations strategy including Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution, Operational excellence.
- Foster a collaborative work environment to strengthen job satisfaction, customer focus, and productivity
- Set clearly defined, measurable and achievable KPIs and performance metrics for team members. Regulatory monitor and provide guidance, training and mentorship to ensure objects are achieved
- Provide leadership in continuous quality improvement, operational excellence, regulatory compliance, quality and customer satisfaction
- Work cross functionally to meet cost, regulatory and quality targets
- Drive productivity and growth through effective management, resource allocation, planning, training
- Conduct regular (monthly/ quarterly) business reviews on key strategic results and initiatives
- Ensure the implementation of the health and safety management system within the areas of responsibility and to monitor the health and safety performance of direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese and English, both written and verbal
- Minimum 10 years in a leadership role managing operations. Prefer within the healthcare industry, but open to other manufacturing industries or IT
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Agility in strategic thinking and problem solving to seek and develop alternative ideas in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to balance the needs of a mature market with traditional customers and the development opportunities associated with new business channels
- Ability to effectively interact across multiple locations/ departments with management and individuals of various levels and backgrounds
- Strong analytical background
- Ability to think strategically and creatively ‘outside the box’
- Part of small team with a big purpose, with the ability and willingness to contribute outside the scope of your role